Monday, September 27, 2010

Marinara Sauce

I usually make this in a big batch to save extra for a later use. You may want to cut this in half if you do not want extra. This can be canned or frozen.

2 boxes Pomi Strained tomatoes (no salt)
2 boxes Pomi Chopped tomatoes (no salt)
1 Large onion oven roasted
2 Oven roasted garlic bulbs
2 fire roasted red bell peppers
1/4 cup red wine
1 Tbs Italian seasoning
1 tsp black pepper
1 TBS olive oil

Add olive oil, onion, garlic and bell peppers to a pot and saute until warmed through. Add red wine and let reduce about 5 minutes on a slow simmer. Add remaining ingredients and let simmer for @ 2 hours. I am not sure if the exact nutritional info but it is very low in sodium and fat.

2 comments:

Tamie Spears said...

If I can find the Pomi tomatoes, I'm making this! Sounds delicious!

Unknown said...

I like these. If you can't find them just look for some no salt added tomatoes.